Born in 1980, Isabelle Beaubien is a native of Montreal, Canada where she studied Fine Arts at Concordia University. It was then that Isabelle felt the need to explore and find her true calling. Upon graduation, she spread her wings to fly and went on to earn her Master’s degree in Contemporary Art from The Villa Arson, Nice, France. From there, Isabelle moved to London, where she has exhibited her energetic abstract paintings and was highly sought after with commissions throughout the UK.
Isabelle has now literally, crossed the pond and resides and works in Florida. “Living in sunny Florida has provided me a new canvas of life and a stunning landscape full of light, vibrant colors and incredible energy to take my creative process to a whole new and exciting dimension,” boasts Beaubien.
“I do not use brushes, instead I create each of my own tools, taking chances in one stroke, not knowing what the end-result will be. This technique allows me to release the control of my craft while reminding me of the unknown discoveries that awaits each of us in our daily journey. If I desire to add one or more movements on the canvas, I subtract, rather than adding more paint. Letting go of the power of the piece allows my inner voice to influence each stroke and not hold back on my creativity” shares Isabelle.
Beaubien’s artwork is considered mixed media, with an expansive spectrum of colors that are vibrant, invigorating and inspiring. The gamut of emotions that emote from her paintings are varied. Isabelle’s “ simultaneous contrast” in the juxtaposed colors continue to be revelatory. She works with acrylic enhanced by a resin overlay. Color is a major influence on the act of creating and on the experience of seeing and, thereby feeling. In some ways, it is related to chakras and how the colors radiate throughout ones being to bring about a sense of well being. Her work creates a gloss with a sculptured appearance to the finished artwork. It is at that moment that her work takes on all of the meaning; pushing the limits of the colors, textures, and forms to their extreme potential which is what she wants everyone to feel for their own existence.
Isabelle Beaubien’s Works
- Zagö Studio Gallery www.zagostudiogallery.com
- NobHill Gallery www.galerienobhill.com
- Macaya Gallery http://macayagallery.com
- Caiger Contemporary Art www.caigerart.com
- Tudor House Gallery www.tudorhouse.gallery
- Gabriel Fine Art www.gabrielfineart.co.uk
- Parndon Mill Gallery www.parndonmill.co.uk/gallery.html
- 2017- Solo Exhibition, No Brushes No Borders, Macaya Gallery, Miami, USA
- 2017- Solo Exhibition, Colorfield 2, Peninsula I – II, Miami, USA
- 2017- Solo Exhibition, Colorfield, The Blosser Gallery, Pine Crest School, Fort Lauderdale, USA
- 2016- Solo Exhibition, Squaring the circle, Tudor House Gallery, Sawbridgeworth, UK
- 2016- Solo Exhibition, Opposites Attracts, Parndon Mill, Harlow, UK
- 2016- Solo Exhibition, Spectrum, Gabriel Fine Art, Waterloo, London, UK
- 2015- Solo Exhibition, One Shot, East Gate Gallery, Harlow, UK
- 2015- Solo Installation, Harvey Center, UK
- 2011- Solo Exhibition, For a Friend, Besso International, London, UK
- 2010- Solo Exhibition, Back to paint, Apt 195, London, UK
- 2006- Solo Exhibition, One Movement, Liqwid Night Club, Nice, France
- 2005- Solo Exhibition, Blue Remake, Blue Not, Nice, France
Selected Group Exhibitions:
- 2015- London Parallax Art Fair, Chelsea, London, UK
- 2017- Art Basel and Beyond, South Florida Luxury Guide, Art Basel Edition 2017
- 2017- Miami Now, Miami Magazine, Fall Edition 2017
- 2016- Vogue’s Gallery, British Vogue, March Edition, 2016
- 2016- Interview, Inside Artist Magazine, Spring Edition 2016
- 2016- Vogue’s Gallery, British Vogue, February Edition, 2016
- 2015- Interview of an artist, Mixed Media by Pebeo
- 2015- Harlow’s world of Art, June Edition, Essex Life Magazine
- 2011 – The Salisbury House, London, 3 commissioned paintings hang in the Main Conference Room of this long standing office Building.
- 2016 – Besso International Ltd. – Commissioned painting in the lobby of London’s headquarters of Besso’s global insurance marketplace.
- 2015- Cover page for the Essex Network of Artist Studio Magazine, Summer
- 2015- Web banner, visitessex.com
- 2006- Video Presented on National TV, Fight, National French television, France 3
- 2017- Group Exhibition, Macaya Gallery, Miami Art Basel 2017
- 2018- Solo Exhibition, Miami Country Day Gallery, Miami, USA